I was looking around my house the other day and thought it would be nice to refresh some of the details—replace a picture fame here or there, maybe try some new curtains, or change the slip covers on the throw pillows. I have a couple of shelves and decided to start there by rearranging the items I already have. I moved around the frames, jars, books, and décor pieces. I replaced some items with other things that had been stashed away. It’s amazing how different it looked in just a few minutes. The wall was revived, and I didn’t have to spend any money. Win, win!
Sometimes it’s helpful to do the same thing with our meal planning. What classics can you refresh with a little planning and creativity? Take tacos for example—a tried-and-true favorite! I have a fresh spin on tacos that will leave you feeling just as satisfied as my mini makeover left me.
It’s time for a turkey taco takeover! Start by switching the ground beef for 99% lean ground turkey—be sure to get the good stuff. Then, substitute the taco shell for a lettuce wrap. These are so easy and come together in under 30 minutes for those nights where you need a quick meal that will leave you as full as your schedule.
- 1 T olive oil
- 3/4 C chopped yellow onion
- 1-1/3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t paprika
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat skillet or pan over medium and add olive oil.
- Add the turkey and onion, and cook until turkey starts to brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the chili powder, cumin, paprika, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the seasoning and chopped onion to the turkey, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let the turkey cool.
- Wrap in Romaine lettuce leaves and serve.